SLO Beer Week: October 16-22, 2016
Cheers to craft beer! Attracting everyone from brew masters and Cicerones to everyday beer lovers and foodies, the inaugural SLO Beer Week is an event you won’t want to miss out on this fall. SLO Beer Week is taking place throughout San Luis Obispo, October 16-22, 2016. This beer-tastic event highlights San Luis Obispo’s booming craft beer movement, which has become quite the phenomenon.
Featured in Draft Magazine, San Francisco Chronicle and more, see what all the buzz is about and experience San Luis Obispo’s craft beer scene for yourself during SLO Beer Week! Between the various hopped up events, explore endless things to do in San Luis Obispo such as relaxing at the beach, hitting the trails for an afternoon hike or catching a double-feature at the Sunset Drive-In. As an added bonus, cruise through Mission Plaza on Thursday night for Farm Supply’s 11th Annual Great Pumpkin & Scarecrow Contest and enjoy some festive fall fun.
Looking to explore more of the local breweries? Hop on the San Luis Obispo beer trail with stops at every brewery in town. Whether you enjoy sipping on a smooth blonde ale or prefer barrel-aged craft beers, San Luis Obispo has something for everyone.
SLO Beer Week Official Events
Sunday, October 16 from 12:00 – 4:00 p.m.
Kick off SLO Beer Week with brewer collaborations! While sipping on these one-of-a-kind crossover beers, enjoy a smorgasbord of local eats and live music.
Craft: A California Beer Documentary
Monday, October 17 from 6:00 – 10:00 p.m.
Sit back and relax at the historic Fremont Theater in Downtown San Luis Obispo as Jeff Smith, Director of Craft, walks us through his epic California road trip—focused on beer, of course.
Wednesday, October 19 from 10:00 a.m. – 7:00 p.m.
From Brewer Panels to Spiegelau Glassware Masterclass, Beer Geek Day is one you won’t want to miss out on, especially if you’re preparing for your Cicerone Exam. Experience interactive tours with local brewers, who are making a name for themselves in the beer industry.
Certified Cicerone Exam
Wednesday, October 19 from 10:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
Looking to pursue a career in beer and become a Cicerone? While enjoying a week of beer-tastic fun, become a Certified Cicerone right here in San Luis Obispo, elevating your beer serving, tasting, pairing and brewing skills. Register for the Certified Cicerone Exam today!
Somm vs. Cicerone Dinner
Friday, October 21st from 6:00 – 9:00 p.m.
Ready for a dinner party unlike any other? Right in the historic Mission Plaza, beer and wine will go head-to-head during this one-of-a-kind 4-course meal. Each dish will be paired with the best of the best by a Master Sommelier and Master Cicerone. In the end, you’ll get to decide whether beer or wine wins. Purchase your tickets for the Somm vs. Cicerone Dinner today!
The Best of the Fest
Saturday, October 22nd from 12:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Round off SLO Beer Week at the Best of the Fest, featuring endless beer, interactive seminars, delicious eats and live music – all in beautiful San Luis Obispo.
SLO Beer Week Partner Events
Discover more details about SLO Beer Week Partner Events today!
Sunday, October 16th
- Sunday Funday at Mersea’s with Ballast Point | 2:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m.
Monday, October 17th
- St. Archer Tap Takeover at Blast 825 | 5:00 p.m. to Close
Tuesday, October 18th
- A Night with the Real Craft of San Luis Obispo at Dunbar Brewing | 3:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m.
- SLO Brew Pint Night | 10:00 p.m. to 2:00 a.m.
- Modern Times Pint Night at the Boardroom Surf Pub | 5:00 p.m. to Close
- Brewery Trivia Night at Woodstock’s Pizza | 8:00 p.m. to 9:30 p.m.
Thursday, October 20th
- Stone 20th Anniversary Tap Takeover at Milestone Tavern | All Day
- Libertine Brewing Company Tasting Night at the Station | 5:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m.
- Pitchers & Pies with Pizza Port at Gina’s Pizza | 5:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m.
- Pairing & Sharing with Luis Wine Bar & The Bruery | 5:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m.
- Heidbanger Red Carpet Release Party at BarrelHouse Speakeasy | 7:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m.
Saturday, October 22nd
- Brunch with the Bruery at Milestone Tavern | 9:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
- After the Fest – SLO Beer Week Official After Party | 4:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m.
Sunday, October 23rd
- Central Coast Brewing Beer Brunch at Foremost Wine Company | 11:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
- Oktoberfest at Central Coast Brewing | 12:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m.
SLO Beer Week Promotion
Get a taste of San Luis Obispo’s booming craft beer scene! Receive 20% off your SLO Beer Week Official Event Tickets when you book your stay in the City of San Luis Obispo.
Rules & Restrictions
STEP 1 – Book your stay at any lodging property of your choice within the City of San Luis Obispo during October 16 – 22, 2016.
STEP 2 – Email your San Luis Obispo hotel confirmation code with the reservation name and stay dates to email@example.com.
STEP 3 – Purchase your tickets online using your promotion code and receive 20% off your SLO Beer Week Official Event tickets.
Explore the endless accommodations in San Luis Obispo and book your stay for SLO Beer Week today!